IBM defines cloud computing, often referred to as simply to as the cloud as the delivery of on-demand computing resources – everything from applications to data centers – over the internet on a pay-for-use basis. Cloud systems are extremely elastic, they can scale up or down as your organization requires to meet your unique demands, which is a major plus for your organization.
All your data sits on remote server farms maintained by some of the biggest companies in the world such as Microsoft, Amazon, IBM, Google and do not sit locally on your systems, thereby making your organization lighter and nimbler.
Importantly, in addition to being secure, the cloud systems are much less expensive and include many features most law firms could not afford. Some of these benefits and features include:
- No on-location server and office costs, which in turn leads to the absence of maintenance contracts, in-house IT and special server security personnel.
- Data backups across many locations equals more security from breaches, acts of God, environmental factors, etc.
- 24/7/365 proactive security monitoring performed by cybersecurity experts.
- Anytime, anywhere, immediate all access across multi-devices and platforms leading to greater efficiency in collaboration and tracking.
- Costs incurred on a per machine/per year basis which leads to significantly lower costs.
- Significantly less time and costs associated with setup.
- Perfect for meeting your client�s demands from anywhere, at any time.
Comparing the two, it is evident that cloud-based case management software are superior in every aspect. They offer enhanced levels of security that even the largest firms struggle to afford. They provide all firms, no matter their size, with the latest cutting-edge technology that is constantly tested and improved upon. Finally, they accomplish all of these things for a fraction of the price of a self-hosted system, not to mention saving you from dealing with the countless headaches inherent to such systems. In short, you get significantly more for significantly less, all while having more time to focus on helping your clients. It is a win-win situation.